Current Open Positions:
Plan, organize, direct, or coordinate activities of workers engaged in landscaping or grounds keeping activities, such as planting and maintaining ornamental trees, shrubs, flowers, and lawns, and applying fertilizers, pesticides, and other chemicals, according to contract specifications. May also coordinate activities of workers engaged in terracing hillsides, building retaining walls, constructing pathways, installing patios, and similar activities in following a landscape design plan. Work may involve reviewing contracts to ascertain service, machine, and work force requirements; answering inquiries from potential customers regarding methods, material, and price ranges; and preparing estimates according to labor, material, and machine costs.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License CDL preferred
- 3 Yrs Landscape/Hardscape Installation
- Establish and enforce operating procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety.
- Inspect completed work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards, and contract requirements.
- Direct activities of workers who perform duties such as landscaping, cultivating lawns, or pruning trees and shrubs.
- Schedule work for crews depending on work priorities, crew and equipment availability, and weather conditions.
- Plant and maintain vegetation through activities such as mulching, fertilizing, watering, mowing, and pruning.
- Monitor project activities to ensure that instructions are followed, deadlines are met, and schedules are maintained.
- Train workers in tasks such as transplanting and pruning trees and shrubs, finishing cement, using equipment, and caring for turf.
- Provide workers with assistance in performing duties as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Inventory supplies of tools, equipment, and materials to ensure that sufficient supplies are available and items are in usable condition.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate work activities with those of other departments or units.
Tools & Technology, Tools used in this occupation:
- Hedge clippers — Hedge trimmers; Weed whackers, Mowers, Concrete Saw, Aerators, Chain Saw,
- Screwdrivers — Phillips head screwdrivers; Straight screwdrivers, Levels, Etc
- Skid steer loaders — Bobcat, Case, New Holland
- Spades — Garden spades
- Two way radios
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.